Oakland and the surrounding areas still have a large portuguese
population.  The surrounding areas would include Hayward, Milpitas,and
Alameda.
Further down, there are San Jose and Santa Clara.There are still  some large
portuguese celebrations held in those areas.  As for the Wine  Country, that
would be Napa and Sonoma counties and would include towns such as  Napa, Santa
Rosa, Sebastopol, Petaluma and Bodega Bay.  Back in the day,  there were a
lot of dairies in those area also and many portuguese were milkers  on them.
 Good luck with your search

Mary Ann

In a message dated 1/17/2010 2:55:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,