From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of lisa lema
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 7:32 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] [AZORES-Genealogy Dna Question

Good morning all. I am hoping someone here will be able to answer this
question for me, as it is pertains to 4 of my 9 living children.

What Percentage of people of Portuguese ethnicity is RH -? I have just
found out, due to the pregnancy of my daughter that she is RH- and due
to her father's ethnicity, is very doubtful that negative factor came
from his genetics.

While I am on the subject, I suppose I ought to explain a little more.
I have 9 living children, 7 girls, 2 boys. I have been married twice,
and from the first union, I had 2 girls, one of which is o- rh factor; I
lived with a man and had one female child with him, whom is also rh -
(a-), and then married my current husband and we had 6 more children, 2
of which (girls) are also rh-( one is O- one is A-).
My mother is Swedish, scottish, indian and my father is full blooded
portuguese.
my mother blood type is O + , my fathers blood type is A+, and mine is
A+.

from the  research I have done,it is extremely rare for native american,
black, and scottish peoples to carry the rh negative factor, but a race
of people called BASQUES have a very high rate of rh negative blood. Is
the Portuguese race considered Basque? and What is the ratio of negative
blood type in the Portuguese Race?
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
membership."