From: JR <jro...@rogers.com>
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Cabrinha and Ferreira on Sao Miguel to Hawaii
1890s or New Bedford 1912
To: "Azores Genealogy" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, March 29, 2010, 2:04 PM

This is very interesting. I just gave Eloise the Cabrinha line. They
are from Ponta Garca and emigrated to Hawaii. Having said that, there
may be other Cabrinha's from other villages. It is really a nickname
that stuck and became a surname. They were Medeiros Cabrinhas that
originated in Lagoa, Rosario and married into Ponta Garca family. You
should be able to find the Cabrinha's on the passport list and on
Island Routes.com. If it is the Ponta Garca branch, then it is simple
a matter of linking up.

JR

On Mar 29, 3:33 pm, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Repost for Art: arthur4991 at sbcglobal dot net:
>
> i am trying to get information regarding my ,mothers family they were from
> the azores, sao miguel ponta delgada, rabo de peixe street.  one of my
> cousins, andrew correia raposo (a) tried to get the family tree organized.
> i gave him our cousins name,  Marie cabrinha's name.  the cabrinha (ferreia)
> branch of my family went to hawaii around 1890??    can you obtain any
> information about this family?  thanks  brst regards  art    my email is
> arthur 4...@sbcglobal.net  if i may recal, they arrived in new bedford ma
> around  1912

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right

azores+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words
"REMOVE ME" as the subject.