taken from Island routes web site

Portuguese Family Recipe: Pao de Lo
Submitted by Patricia Corbera

10 Tbsp. flour
13 Tbsp. sugar
6 eggs
2 Tbsp. butter
Turn oven on first to 350 degrees. Now butter angel food cake pan well. In a
large bowl beat egg whites until real stiff. In another bowl beat yolks until
lightly colored. Now, fold into the stiff whites the yolks, then the sugar and
flour. Pour into cake pan. Bake about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
clean after inserting into cake. Cool 10 minutes in upright position, then
remove from pan.

Return to the IslandRoutes Home Page
Return to the Article Index