Dear fellow Azorean descendants,

I wanted to share a short-story by a virtual amigo of Azorean-
Californian descent, Tony Barcellos, re an ancestor of his emigrating
(by boat) to Brazil in the mid-19th century, that was just posted
today on the Azores' Comunidades blog.  It's an excerpt from a novel
that is currently under consideration for publication; I hope you
enjoy it as much as I did.  I also hope some of you will consider
writing up some of your own family stories for possible submission to
the Azores Comunidades blog, or other outlets.

"Dear Dairy [sic] - The Voyage to Brazil" (1/2) -- Anthony Barcellos
<http://ww1.rtp.pt/icmblogs/rtp/comunidades/index.php?k=Dear-Dairy--
The-Voyage-to-Brazil-12---Anthony-Barcellos.rtp&post=29758>
&
(2/2)
<http://ww1.rtp.pt/icmblogs/rtp/comunidades/index.php?k=Dear-Dairy--
The-Voyage-to-Brazil-22---Anthony-Barcellos.rtp&post=29541>

Some of you may especially enjoy reading of the main character's
resourcefulness and mechanical skills in repairing the ship's
workings.  I also wonder how similar the author's description is to my
own great-grandfather's experiences during his seafaring years in the
mid-1800s, and our family's crossing the Atlantic from Flores to the
US in the 1870s.

Happy reading!  Katharine.

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to