When I got up this morning, I was aware of the spam to the Azores list (I
got it only 6 times).  I deleted it out of the queue and moderated the
sender until she contacts me and tells me she's got her computer fixed.  So
I don't know how one wound up on the list (may have been operator error on
my end, in a rush to go teach summer school.  I'm really sorry about that!)


As a rule, don't open emails that just don't sound right.  The ones with
nothing in them but a URL are dead giveaways.  The subject is usually (*no
subject*) and the body only says something like www.clickonthisURL . com.
I've seen a few with a little text in them now:  You'll like this:
www.clickonthisURL .com.  Since the topic of this list is Azores Genealogy
and the body of the text only says "You'll like this" and doesn't explain
anything, don't click on it.

People sending URLs to the list explain them.  One of the last ones was Joao
Ventura letting us now that the priesthood applications and marriage
dispensations are going up online via his web site.  He stated that in his
email.  He didn't say "Here you go" because no one would go to his web site
to see what he has.

Again, sorry for allowing the spam through!
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to