This is because google has programs that are "crawling" the web and gathering
"key words" from all over the web "indexing most pages that are on the web.
This is a google group and it is automatically indexed by their software
because it is stored on their computer servers.

(I started this email a day ago and  checked the list.  So if this is old info,
sorry)

These crawlers can also be programmed to gather emails, so instead of putting
your email as b...@blah.com, write it out in words... Blah at blah dot com.
While sooner or later the "crawlers" may be programmed to look for that as
well, it will (hopefully) slow them down.

Just my two cents...

Eric Gomes
Castro Valley, CA