This is not a Portuguese family member but a family member did a DNA study -
37.  He matched another person same surname (first time this has happened on
any DNA study we have done so far...same surname match.....he matches as
follows....12 - 1 exact match, 25 - 1 exact match, 37 - Genetic Distance 1,
this being the same person in each case.  What are the chances that this is
a close member of the family?  I am hoping you are going to say pretty good.
He matched several others...25 - 40 Genetic distance 2, 37 - 11 Genetic
distance 4.  I did email him and hope he will reply as he seems to be from
the same area as our family member came from.  Family is from
Scotland/Ireland.

Needs some encouragement from the experts...since I will never understand
this "stuff."

"E"

PS:  Some of my family members are vacationing on Maui and today they went
to a "little whaling museum" per text message.