Morning,

Do you have any information about where they entered the states, and/ or any information about where they settled or married here?

Adair Borba

On Nov 20, 2011, at 11:19 PM, PearlCat 500 wrote:

I am looking for my family history on the Portuguese side. My
grandfather's side, who I never really got to meet, are from Sao
Jorge.  I went to a funeral one time for one of my great aunts who had
passed and some of the family was there.
Here is what I have;
My Grandfather was George Faustine (da) Silva.
His mother was Arminda Aurora  Luiz(s). She was born 8 Mar 1889 in Sao
Terceira, Azores. She died 6 Jan 1952 in Manteca, San Joaquin,
California. She was the daughter of Manual Sineiro Luiz(s) and Maria
D' Ascension Dias. She married George Faustino da Silva (my great
grandfather) 26 Jul 1906 in Calheta, Sao Jorge at St Catherine's. I
have the marriage papers (copy of from my Uncle Richard) and the
release of citizenship from the King.
The children are;
George (my grandfather)
Henry E
Frank E
Alma
William
Elsie
Mary
Maryann
Gordon
Jerry
Great Grandpa-  Jorgee Faustino da Silva. His first name was changed
in spelling to George, they dropped the (da). The one married to
Arminda is who I am now giving info on. He was born 15 Aug 1880 in Sao
Jorge, Azores. He died 13 Jun 1950, Manteca, Ca.
His father was Jorge Faustino da Silva. He married a lady who had the
last name of Neves.
My Grandfather married a Catherine Cook. They had four children-
Richard, Evelyn, George and Mary.
Arminda told my mother how her family left Terciera in the middle of
the night. Her father either was a Captain of or worked on one of the
slave ships. They then went to Calheta, Sao Jorge.
If anyone can send any information it would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Robin W Lebo
le...@sbcglobal.net

--
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to Azores +unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."