Hi Ed,

 

I started a new thread so it can be followed easier.

 

It sounds like the information you need is the marriage of your
great-grandparents Antonio da Costa and  Maria Rosa Isabel. If your
information is correct about Lagoa then you need to search the marriage
records in that location. The two churches are Santa Cruz which is the
Matriz or mother church and Nossa Senhora das Necessidades a newer and
smaller church. The film from the family history center is Marriages for
Santa Cruz  #1438008 which has the marriage records from 1555 - 1870. I
would start at the very end of the film and work back  based on the fact
that Jose da Costa was born on 15 Jun 1870. If he was the first child then
you should be able to find the marriage record fairly easily. 

 

I do not have the information on NS Necessidades so I am not sure what years
their records cover perhaps someone else on the list knows but I would look
on that film only if I did not find them on the one above. 

 

But wait I just remembered Logoa is on the CCA website Check this record out
http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/biblioteca_digital/SMLAGSTCC1860-1869/SMLAG
STCC1860-1869_item1/P108.html The brides name is off a little but I think it
is your great-grandparents. I will let others weigh in on this. The marriage
date is 4 Jun 1867.

 

 

Rick

 

Richard Francis Pimentel

Spring, TX

Formerly of Epping, New Hampshire 

 

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha Ponta Delgada, and Achada Grande,
Sao Miguel, Acores

 

 

 

 

Sent by Edward Rodrigues [email protected] 

 

Rick

Not sure if you can help me I am just a beginner my great great grandparents
are reported to have come from Lagoa Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel. Antonio da
Costa about 1835 and his wife Maria Rosa Isabel about 1839 had a son Jose da
Costa 15 Jun 1870 and three girl all listed as Maria 1872,1877 and 1881.

Maybe you can point me where to start.

Thanks Ed

 

 

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to