I have tried finding this relative, who we are told was adopted at birth, on Sao Miguel Passportes and cannot seem to find her. Then again, I have great difficulty reading these records so I am hoping a lister can help. US ship manifest record: April 28, 1911-Maria Marcellina Pedras, age 20 or 26, sailed on the SS Cretic from Sao Miguel, Azores, to New York, arriving May 5, 1911. Born Santa Cruz, Flores, leaving her mother Carolina A. Pedras, Santa Cruz, manifest first says she is going to her godfather Vito Lucio M. Figueiredo, 33 Clay St., San Francisco but that is crossed off and it says she is going to New Bedford MA. I have traced this Vito Figueiredo, he helped found the first Portuguese bank in San Francisco. We think we have found her birth record...roda child..but her birth father never listed any of his other children, legitimate and illegitimate, as a roda child so I guess her mother did and I do have suspicions of who her mother really is. Nonetheless, any help on find this record on Passportes is greatly appreciated. I went all the way back to March 1, 1911, looking for this record.

"E"

--
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into 
your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the 
blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
membership."

Reply via email to