We say vovô  and vovó in Brazil, as equivalents of granpa and granma.

JS Lopes

________________________________
 De: "carab...@aol.com" <carab...@aol.com>
Para: azores@googlegroups.com
Enviadas: Sábado, 7 de Janeiro de 2012 20:03
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Teaching Myself a Little
Portuguese....regarding the F...

We called my great,great-grandmother, "Vava" & my great-grandfather,
"Vavo". My great-grandmother was called, "Nana". (They were from Sao Miguel.)
They lived in New Bedford, Mass.
Sherry in CA

In a message dated 1/7/2012 1:49:26 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
shir...@digitalpath.net writes:
I  remember people saying vavo (vavoo) for grandfather;
>and vava (vavaw) for
  grandmother.