  From: Guida Leicester
  To: azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 10:16 AM
  Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] presence of jews in the azores and portuguese
jewish surnames

  Excellent info!  Obrigada. Manuel Azevedo was my grandfather's name.  He was
born and raised on São Jorge Island.  Although there are no hard and fast rules
regarding names--how prominent is the name 'Azevedo' among Portuguese Jews?

  Manuel, Do you know Stan Hordes, New Mexico historian/professor on
crypto-Jews here in the Southwest region of the USA?  I think I came across
your name via Stan several years ago.

  Best,
  Guida Leicester