From: "Betty" <bbffr...@comcast.net>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:36:56 AM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel

Hello,

I've been wondering which other villages bordered on Ponta Delgada, Sao
Miguel, and I wasn't having any luck with finding a good map for Sao Miguel
on-line.   But, I just tried again, just searching for "Sao Roque, Sao
Miguel"  and found a Google map which shows Ponta Delgada with some of the
villages very near it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&q=%22Sao+Roque,+Sao+Miguel%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0xb5cd53d0607f475:0xbf373fd412775601,Sao+Roque,+Portugal&gl=us&ei=XjquT62GEIXc0QGKy7yIDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

Some I see are:    Sao Sebastiao,  Sao Jose',  Santa Clara, etc.

My husband's grandfather, Antonio / Anton PACHECO came from Sao Roque, with
a father, Joao PACHECO.     I've never had time to find out about other
members of that family.     So, I don't know if  Joao and Jacintha (COSTA?)
had more children.    When "Tony" left for Massachusetts  ~1905 as a
20-yr-old,  I don't know who he traveled with, and I don't know who he came
to visit.

(I've mentioned before that, when Tony was killed in a car accident in 1929,
leaving a widow, pregnant with twins, and 5 young children,  his wife  (born
Elsie MOURA) was probably very angry being left in this predicament.   She
hardly ever spoke about him again, and told her grandchildren that the other
PACHECO's in Cambridge, MA, were not related to them.     When I posted
queries, I heard from a researcher who said they .were.  related.)

Betty           (near Lowell, MA, USA)

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right