Mike,

I am curious as to how you got the baptismal certificate from St. John's?
Did you go in person or mail a request? Did you send a donation if it was by
 mail?

I ask because I have tried over the years to get a marriage record for my
great-grandparents from that parish & they ignored me over & over. I  sent
donations and even sent a letter to the Diocese asking how to get a copy.
They told me to write to Father Oliveria, which I did & sent a copy of the
letter from the Diocese, but I got nothing. My cousin hired a professional
genealogist to go there & try to get a copy of the record but she wasn't  able
to either. I gave up.

I was so surprised to see you were successful.
Sherry

In a message dated 5/15/2012 6:21:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,