I also did put in a request in Find A Grave.

Gail

From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Cheri Mello
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 4:17 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Grave Photo

St Mary's where?  I bet there are hundreds in the U.S., Canada, England,
Australia, New Zealand...

If your ancestor is listed on Find A Grave, I'd click the Request a Photo
button there.  If your ancestor does not have a memorial on Find A Grave,
I'd make one and then click the Request a Photo button.

Find A Grave then emails the top X people on the list within a Y mile radius
of that cemetery.  Also, there are "gravers" that will browse the photo
requests and pick them up and go out to the cemetery to take a picture.
City cemeteries have a better response rate than rural cemeteries.
Nevertheless, Find A Grave has an army of volunteers that like to take
tombstone pictures.

Achada

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right