From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Denise Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:21 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com; azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Meaning of surnames on quotes on the NEPS
site

Hi

I have heard my grandparents and mom call these pleas or nicknames?

Does that make sense? So many family names were the same so certain clans or
families were given nicknames to differentiate or identify them. Our family

We're the Denis or "crickets" when I went to the Azores to my grandfathers
village we were taken to the Mat of the crickets where they spent most of
their time milking cows wow! Then I understood Denise Nelson

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2012, at 7:19 PM, Diane George <digeorg...@hotmail.com