oficial reason such as aplying for a passport f example.Tha date that I read is
13 January 1866 which would make Antonio 28 years old could even have been for
his marriage.Just my two cents worth.Hope that helps.HermmanoDate: Thu, 27 Sep
2012 21:44:45 -0700
From: dpai...@gmail.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Help with note in side-margin of baptismal
record

Margaret, I agree with your translation except that the name in the left margin
is "O Cura Couto,"
(the name of the curate who is certifying the baptism), as, only a priest could
certify a baptism. Another question centers on the actual date of the
certification - it is unclear whether the year stated is 1855, 1856, or 1866.
Seventeen would be a little young for a male to be married, but, twenty-seven
would be the more likely age. This can be verified by the marriage record which
will list the ages of the couple being

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:14:39 PM UTC-4, Fatima da Luz Coutinho Torres
Avila wrote:Hi David,I'm thinking that it is a marriage registration note with
the name Elvira Couto at the end.  Perhaps others have either confirm this or
have a better understanding of what is written.

Thanks,Fatima