My husband and I, along with cousin Terri from Toronto, have been
researching Vila Franca do Campo ancestors for several years.  We have
received a great deal of help from many on this list.  In preparation for
another trip over this summer, we are trying to get our research ducks in a
row, so that we focus on the most important gains to be had during our
visit to the Archivo.

We hit a road block on one lineage a couple of years back and are at an
impasse.  We thought we would post the line just in case anyone new has
joined the group, or anyone else has found additional information.   Here
you go:

Manuel Jacintho b 15 Oct 1862 - Matrix - Vila Franca do Campo

father - Jose Jacintho b 26 Nov 1826 - Matrix - Vila Franca do Campo

PG - Francisco da Costa b abt 1793 - San Pedro - Vila Franca do Campo (1819
marriage record says he was 26 years old)

PGG - Andre da Costa d 9 March 1833 widower (Maria dos Santos)

We have a lot more detail than all of this, but we are really stuck in not
finding Francisco da Costa's or Andre da Costa's birth although we have
combed San Pedro over and over, along with the Matriz.  During this same period
there are several other records of Andre da Costa married to Maria
Margarida.  They have overlapping children so we are thinking this is
another Andre da Costa, not a second marriage.   Thought we post this just
in case it strikes a new chord for anyone.

Thanks very much.