NLollyAnne,

Please sign your name.  We are approaching 1100 members and it can get to
be really confusing when people don't have names!

Lagoa has 2 churches: Nossa Senhora do Rosario and Santa Cruz (the
Matriz).  You can either use the FHLC to order the film to view at your
local FHC, or you can go online to the CCA site (Center for Knowledge of
the Azores) and check for your ancestor's birth in 1870.

http://goo.gl/a6dIA
Pick either Matriz or Rosario for the freguesia, then pick the radio button
for Batismos.  Click on Procurar and it will call up the baptisms.  You'll
have to navigate to 1870 and start looking for your ancestor.

Good luck,
Achada