I too discovered this exhibit when Joao Ventura had his genealogical workshop in the museum's theater this last spring. There is also a video about the Azorean Farmers that can be viewed in the theater. Doreen Caetano

 -----Original Message-----
From: Karen
Sent: Jun 28, 2013 8:08 PM
To: "azores@googlegroups.com"
Cc: azores
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Exhibit: Azorean Farmers in California’s Central Valley – Community

Thanks for posting the article. The Jose Machado Silva mentioned is my grandfather. The exhibit is great and well worth seeing if you are in the area.

Sent from my iPhone

Here is another interesting story to read and to check out if you ever find yourself in the Visalia area:

"E"

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---