I received notification just tonight that my father is a 37 marker / 4 step match to someone whose ancestry goes back to someone born in Georgia in the late 1700s. It's not a Portuguese person that I can tell.

So what does such a match mean in regards to how long ago our most recent common ancestor lived?

What does 4 steps mean? I tried to find an explanation on ftdna.com but didn't see it.

Thanks,

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
 
 

Reply via email to