Eddie,

They're here on the 1910 census for  Millbrae
http://search.ancestry.com/content/viewer.aspx?dbid=7884&iid=31111_4327307-00700&sid=&gskw=Marie+Baerba

Spelled Baerba, no ages or dates of immigration. Both say 1 marriage , she
says 14 children, 10 living. Son Manuel in house 30 years , born Portugal.

 Looks like son . Manuel  Machado next door with a nephew and niece in the
house. Tells us she remarried in the Azores, or that Manuel P Borba brought
his children and the married here.

Probably didn't understand the census questions.

Eric EDgar