Eddie,

All I've learned on translating the records was from  observing on this
group. Go back through the group posts and you'll find several helpful
posts. Instead of the mail list find the actual group page and use the
search at the top. Several native speakers have posted with complete
translation of a record page with notes on phrases used.

Eric Edgar