From: Dr. James Pedreiro
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 12:13 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Sousa genealogy in Altares,terceira

Hi All,

I'm starting to do research on my moms maternal side. My grandmother is Maria
L. Sousa (b. 5/2/1906) in altares, terceira ,parents were Manuel Sousa(9/1872?)
and Isabelle Cardozo(2/1903?) Family History say possible relationship to
francisco de Sousa (slave trader) my family has the nick name Shimbao or ximbao
which they said was the name of the slave ship?. Any help would be appreciated!