Cheri

My wife, Patricia, and I will be attending the conference. We have made a 
hotel room reservation under the conference block, but the registration 
paperwork and fee is in the mail, so we may be confusing your list at the 
moment. Thanks for organizing this conference. We're looking forward to 
attending and meeting folks interested in Azorean/Portuguese genealogy.

Barry and Patricia Straube
Researching: Sao Miguel Island (Ribeira Grande, Nordeste); Surnames: 
Amaral, d'Amaral, Raposa.

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:46:13 PM UTC-5, Cheri Mello wrote:

> I called the Plaza Hotel and the block of rooms is almost sold out.  Not 
> the hotel, just the block of rooms that is reserved for the conference.
>
> Monday, April 14 - Thursday, April 17 has only 3 rooms in the block left.
> Friday, April 18th has 5 rooms in the block left
> Saturday, April 19th had 0 rooms left (think the girl read that wrong)
>
> The phone number for the Plaza Hotel is 800-366-3684.  Call and tell them 
> you are with the Azores Genealogy Conference (you may need to spell Azores 
> depending on who answers the phone).
>
> If they tell you that they are out of rooms for the block, go ahead and 
> book anyways.  The email me directly off list and tell me what name you 
> have your room booked under.  When I call the sales director on Monday (and 
> play phone tag with him for a couple of days), I will have your reservation 
> put into our block.  I will have him add more rooms to the block as well.
>
> And for those who missed the earlier announcement, the conference 
> registration is here: 
> goo.gl/E9FHvV
>
> The time line is now off, and I will have a reprinted one later.  All the 
> classes are still there, just the order, times, and rooms are going to be 
> different.
>
> Also, you are welcome to bring a friend who wants the room rate of "stay 3 
> nights and get the 4th free."  Just let me know the friend's name so I'm 
> not trying to figure out who "Jack Smack" is and why he hasn't mailed me 
> money for the conference.
>
> I have a friend from my TMG User Group who is coming and would like a 
> roommate.  She is female and wants to share a room and split room cost.  
> Email me offlist and I will put you in contact with her.
>
> -- 
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
> Tainhas, Achada 
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to