Ricardo,

Back in the day, women (when they had surnames) would be Velha instead of
Velho, Pacheca instead of Pacheco, Furtada instead of Furtado.  But they
never made a woman a Mella. I don't know the rhyme or reason for this.

I haven't standardized all the entries in my genealogy program (making all
Velho/a as Velho, all Pacheco/a as Pacheco).  I just typed what I saw and
didn't think.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to