Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.  Even semi-official
sites.

The Portuguese American Historical & Research Foundation (
http://www.portuguesefoundation.org/Entertainment.html) says Ray Bolger is
of Portuguese descent. The Dorchester Atheneum (
http://www.dorchesteratheneum.org/page.php?id=816) which references
Wikipedia, says he is of Portuguese descent (the Wikipedia page has changed
and no longer says he's of Portuguese descent). The Internet Movie Database
(www.imdb.com) says his birth name was Bulção.  Nope.  You can see his
birth entry at FamilySearch.  He was born Bolger.

It took me about 2 hours to figure out that Ray Bolger was 100% Irish.  No
Portuguese descent.  No Bulção changing to Bolger.  Nope.  The Bolger may
have been Bulger.

So if anyone ever asks, the information is in error.  He is not of
Portuguese ancestry at all.

The only reason I did this (yes I heard some of you asking) was because my
friend hit a Bulção line and I wondered about Ray Bolger so I looked it
up.  And not on Ancestry either.  I used U.S. census and Massachusetts
birth, marriage, and death records at Family Search.  Too bad.  My friend
is going to have o be happy coming from a long line of peasants and working
class people! LOL

-- 
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to