Thanks for the thoughts, Rick. My biggest obstacle is not having any
records that refer to his origins on Sao Jorge. I only have a notation in
the family Bible: John Harris, born on Sao Jorge, the Western Islands, and
the same on his marriage certificate. I have no idea which village he came
from. I found nothing in the Ellis Island records. I'll keep at it. This is
like a treasure hunt!