Roberto,

I have on my family tree several of the surnames you gave, including Velho, 
all from Terceira, but not from that parish.

I do know João Ventura, the archivist from Terceira, and he may help you 
getting a document in the Conservatoria. 

If you want to write to my private email, I can exchange some information 
with you - myportuguesegen at gmail dot com

Eu falo portugues, minha lingua nativa.

Isabella Baltar
myportuguesegen.blogspot.com

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:39:10 AM UTC-4, Roberto Machado Velho wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am searching for the Families Machado Velho, Mendes, Ferreira da Costa, 
> Cardozo da Rocha, Cardoso da Rocha and  Cardoso Velho in  the old Parish of 
> Santa Barbara - what is today Serreta, Doze Ribeiras, Santa Barbara and 
> Cinco Ribeiras.
>
> (Estou procurando/a procurar pelas Familias Machado Velho, Mendes, 
> Ferreira da Costa, Cardozo da Rocha, Cardoso da Rocha e Cardoso Velho na 
> antiga Freguesia/Paroquia de Santa Barbara - ilha terceira - no que hoje 
> sao as freguesias de Serreta, Doze Ribeiras, Santa Barbara e Cinco 
> Ribeiras).
>
> My newer information is the death of the mother of my great-grandfather 
> in Canada De Nossa Senhora d'Ajuda, Santa Barbara, in 1909.
> In 1875 she was living in Rua dos Pocos - Santa Barbara, with her son 
> Antonio Machado Velho - my greatgrandfather - where all this research 
> started.
> I have a note in a Marriage Certificate telling about the death of her 
> daugther in 1945 - but this is not available on internet.
>
> My oldest information is related to all the families I quoted before and 
> today I have information on the marriages - 4 of them - happening in 
> between 1781 and 1794:
> - Luiz Ignacio Mendes and Maria Josefa - 1781
> - Francisco Machado Velho and Francisca Mariana - 1782
> - Raimundo Ferreira da Costa and Maria Roza - 1794
> - Sebastiao Jose da Costa and Anna Joaquina - 1793.
> I also know that the sons of Raimundo and Sebastiao were connected in 4th 
> degree in blood.
>
> Does anyone recognize someone you have records or had seen before on your 
> researches ?
>
> Also would like to ask:
> - Do you know if any person can get a death certificate just going to the 
> Conservatoria ? I want to try to ask that one of 1945 quoted on top.  Do 
> you know to which one I would to address in Terceira ?  One in Santa 
> Barbara or in Angra do Heroismo ?
>
> - Do you know if all the archives of the Church in Santa Barbara are 
> available on the Cultura Azores website ?  Is there any other kind of 
> archives that could provide information about Santa Barbara, like 
> Certificates of Properties  - houses or some kind of School, or any other 
> thing was being recorded in archives ?
>
> - I tried to find the Archives in Universidade do Minho, that some people 
> quoted in the group, but I cannot find archives for Terceira.  Are there 
> any ?
>
> - Are there any other archives for Terceira or the region of Santa Barbara 
> that I could look for ?
>
> - I have used the "Rois/Confessados" list available in Cultura Azores for 
> Santa Barbara - and that gave me a lot of information.  I am thinking of 
> turning that list (mainly a Census of all Santa Barbara made by the priest 
> in 1875) in a listed - searchable - pdf file.  Does anyone has interest on 
> that ?  Do you know where I could publish that so people could use it ? 
>  Cultura Azores receives submissions ?
>
> - Does anyone has a text or pdf searchable version of the index of 
> Marriages available to Santa Barbara ? It is not possible search names in 
> the images available. I started to decompose that set of marriages in 
> families, in case someone has interest.
>
> - I believed that the name Machado Velho disappeared in Santa Barbara 
> because my great-grandfather went to Brazil, his brother died early without 
> sons/daughters and their 2 other sisters just either did not get married or 
> changed their surnames to the ones of their husbands.  Do you know any way 
> I could track the sisters ? I could not find a marriage certificate to them 
> in the index of Santa Barbara - one is called Angelica (and there is just 
> one Angelica, not the one I am searching) and the other one Maria (as you 
> know, 40% of the women getting married by that time).
>
> - Anyone knows if people asking for passports in Terceira would have them 
> issued also in Terceira ?  And then the boats to Brazil and United States 
> were leaving Terceira or some other Island nearby ?
>
> - Does anyone has a map that tell the names of streets in Santa Barbara ? 
>  Google maps has still few and a reconstruct some by google maps street 
> view walking through them but I could not find several - also it is not 
> clear the limit of them, as they bifurcate sometimes. 
>
> I also would like to tell anyone that is searching information about Sao 
> Bartolomeu, Santa Barbara (the old parish - including Cinco Ribeiras) and 
> Doze Ribeiras (the old Parish - including Serreta) that there is an article 
> from Jose Avelino Rocha dos Santos that describes the "Enxurrada de 1813" 
> in the parishes above.  It tells information about people that died, list 
> people that have their properties destroyed and have sometimes information 
> about ladies that were already widow. It is available here:
> https://repositorio.uac.pt/handle/10400.3/344
>
> If anyone has an intersection of interest in such names on top, please let 
> me know and I would love to interchange some information.
>
> Thank you in advance for any information, and sorry for such long email,
> (Obrigado de antemao por qualquer informacao),
>
> Roberto Machado Velho
> Born in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
> Living in Lisbon - Portugal.
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to