I really appreciate the Minho records. They have given me the start I needed in
my search for ancestors. But I think I have found a mistake. I would like
someone more experienced to look at  these records from Santissima Trindade,
Capelo, Isle of Faial and see what you think.
The UMinho record I think is wrong involves Antonio Francisco Rodriques and his
wife Maria Perpetua. They are listed as the parents of my ancestor Antonio
Francisco Matos. But I have looked up the actual birth records of the children
of Antonio Francisco Matos and Ana Thomasia Coracao de Jesus . None of the
children’s birth records give Antonio Francisco Rodriques and Maria Perpetua as
the paternal grandparents, rather they give Antonio Francisco de Vargas and
Catarina Inacia. Here is the Uminho page for A. F. Matos:

http://www.ghp.ics.uminho.pt/geneweb/gwd.exe?b=capelo;lang=en;p=antonio+francisco+de;n=matos

If you then click on the page of Antonio Francisco Rodriques from there, Maria
Perpetua, his wife, and Maria Perpetua the child have the same date of birth,
maybe the first hint that something is wrong.

These are three of the children’s birth records:

Example 1. Antonio b. 3 Oct 1819, top right, 4th line, netto parte paterna de
 Antonio Francisco e Catharina Ignacia
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-CAPELO-B-1818-1824/FAL-HT-CAPELO-B-1818-1824_item1/P16.html

Example 2. Gabriel b. 26 Dec 1821, top left, second line : netto parte paterna
de  Antonio Francisco de Vargas and Catharina Ignacia

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-CAPELO-B-1818-1824/FAL-HT-CAPELO-B-1818-1824_item1/P57.html

Example 3. Jose b. 28 May 1829, bottom right, 5th line
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-CAPELO-B-1825-1852/FAL-HT-CAPELO-B-1825-1852_item1/P83.html

What do you think? Thanks      Eleanor Faria Dwyer