Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:36:59 -0700
From: insearchofthehumanspi...@gmail.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Poss. new connection on the Pacheco
Rezendes/Remigio line to Canada and Brasil

Eliseu,
Yes, I do have Antonio Medeiros Cordeiro and Francisco de Souza.  I have
Antonio's lines back several generations and Francisca parents.

Antonio Pacheco de Rezendes is in Rodrigo Rodrigues' first volume.   Then other
parts of the line are in other volumes.

I don't have the complete tree online yet.  I have the Pacheco de Rezendes back
to about 1600, but I haven't added Antonio Medeiros Cordeiro's yet.

You can see what I've uploaded so far at Wikitree:
http://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Rezendes-Family-Tree-13
On Monday, July 14, 2014 2:05:10 PM UTC-7, Eliseu Pacheco da Silva wrote:Hi!Do
you have anything about António Medeiros Cordeiro married to Francisca de
Sousa, parents of Ana de Jesus, the maternal grandparents of Remígio? J De:
azo...@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] Em nome de IslandRoutes
Enviada: segunda-feira, 14 de Julho de 2014 20:28
Para: azo...@googlegroups.com
Rezendes/Remigio line to Canada and Brasil I wanted to share the latest on the
Pacheco Rezendes (aka Pacheco Remigio and Romiza) family from Maia, Ribeira
Grande, Sao Miguel Isl.

My cousin, Rita, and I have been working on various parts of this tree.  My
line left for Hawaii in 1882 while hers ended up in Fall River in the early
1900s.  Earlier this year, we met a whole group that had a surname group on
Facebook.  They were East Coast Pacheco Remigios and some of their grandparents
chose the Romiza surname.  It's been exciting piecing together the trail.  We
don't actually connect until the late 1700s with Antonio Pacheco de Rezendes
who married Anna de Jesus in 1797 in Maia.  I descend from their daughter, Rosa
de Medeiros Pacheco m. Jacintho Jose de Braga.  They descend from the son
Remigio Pacheco and his second wife Dorothea Maria Furtado.

So the exciting news is my cousin was contacted by a woman in Canada.  She is
also a Pacheco Remigio descendent.  Her ancestors went from Maia to Brasil.  At
some point there was a young wife died and her husband took their daughter back
to Maia.  From there it appears there was a later migration to the East Coast
of the US and then finally to Canada (I am still sorting all that out).

Right now, we have a gap in the research.  She is only back to 1890 and my
research stops around 1885 (then goes backwards).  But I am sure we are
related.  All the Pacheco Remigio's in Maia descend from Remigio Pacheco.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this exciting turn.  I am fascinated at how the
family has fanned out.  What other countries might they be living in today?--
to azores+un...@googlegroups.com.