Thank you, all.

JoElayne Ferre' Johnson

On Friday, July 18, 2014 6:53 AM, Isabella Baltar <myportuguese...@gmail.com>
wrote:

If it is a Portuguese tradition or not, I have several Marias on my line,
including my two daughters, Maria Isabel and Maria Pia. It is what Cheri said,
it just is what it is!

And regarding the note, yes, there was no charge because the parents were poor
(paes serem pobres).

Isabella Baltar
myportuguesegen.blogspot.com

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:45:58 PM UTC-4, JoElayne wrote:
I have found two Marias in the Gravanco line. There is a notation in the margin
next to the one born in 1888. I am wondering if it refers to why they named two
daughters Maria.