This link is of interest because you had Piedade, Pico as a possible origin
for this family. The link for Seraphim here doesn't seem to relate to the
Borba line, but does show that the mother Jacintha Rosa

is from Piedade, Pico

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-CH-TOPO-B-1870-1879/SJR-CH-TOPO-B-1870-1879_item1/P17.html

Eric Edgar