From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
MaryAnn Santos
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 7:02 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Naming of Expostos

Yes, there are in English translations.  Amazon has copies of The Sin of Father
Amaro ranging in price from $6.50 to $2,423.64!! I think that  must be a typo.

An english translation of The Maias by Queiroz came out a few years ago and is
another excellent read. I thoroughly enjoyed The Relic, too. I read it first in
English and then in Portuguese. Although I think it's out of print now. Since I
live in  NYC I buy a lot of used books at Strand. They have great deals on
hardcover new and used books (and paperbacks) and you can buy them online.
Here's the link.

http://www.strandbooks.com/

MaryAnn

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM, nancy jean baptiste <fishsongf...@hotmail.com