Rick,
The problem is not with my privacy settings.  I have it set for show people
as private for those less than 100 years ago. If I set it as totally
private, the other setting I have a choice of, I would negate the idea of
having a gedcom anyway, right? The problem is with looking at other
people's trees. They will have names included with later dates, but the
tree will have names as private in the 1850's, 1700's even one I know was
in the 1600's. This makes no sense.
Tish

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Richard Francis Pimentel <
rfrancispimen...@comcast.net> wrote:

> *Tish.*
>

> *Make sure your privacy settings are set correctly. From your My FTDNA
> page click manage personal information which is under your profile on the
> upper left of the page. This will take you to My FTDNA – Account Settings.
> Click the Genealogy tab and the first settings will be the privacy
> settings. Click the ones you desire and save that should correct the
> problem.*
>

> *Rick*
>

> *Family Tree DNA Co-AdministratorAzores DNA Project*
>

> *Azores DNA Project Co-Administrators*
>
> *All unpaid volunteers *
>
> *Cheri Mello – gfsche...@gmail.com <gfsche...@gmail.com> *
>
> *Rick Pimentel – rickredle...@gmail.com <rickredle...@gmail.com> *