See insertions On Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:30:16 AM UTC-4, Paul wrote: > > Hello all, > > I need help with two records. The writing for both is terrible, so bad > that I am barely able to read some of the names. The first is my gggg > grandfather Jose da Silva's baptismo record from 1786. His parents are > Francisco da Silva and Joanna Clara. Joanna is from Conceicao, Francisco ? > part of the writing. I do not see the grandparents listed but they should > be (paternal) Manoel da Silva and Doming? da Silva, (maternal) _________ > _________ and Anna Maria/Marianna _ Santos? Baptismo record (first > link) on the top right. > > > http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-B-1782-1790/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-B-1782-1790_item1/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-B-1782-1790_JPG/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-B-1782-1790_0065.jpg > > June 7- 1781, in Conceicao de Ribeira Grande, married Francisco da Silva filho de Manoel da Silva and his wife Domingas da Silva fraguesia of same parish of Sao Pedro, Ribeira Grande, where he was baptised (no mother listed, obviously in error) with Joanna Clara, filha de Vicent Rabello and his wife, Anna Maria, already deceased, and she was baptised in Sao Pedro (Ribeira Grande) Witnesses were Joze Moreira and Bonafacio Joze.
The second link is Francisco and Joanna's marriage. Francisco's parents are > Manoel da Silva and Doming__ da Silva. I am unable to read where they are > from. Also, I am unable to read the fathers name for Joanna. Her mothers > name is Anna Maria/Marianna(?) __ Santos? They are from Conceicao. Record > in question is on the right page. > > > http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-C-1771-1801/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-C-1771-1801_item1/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-C-1771-1801_JPG/SMG-RG-CONCEICAO-C-1771-1801_0058.jpg > > I have a question about something in the marriage record that caught my > eye. The section starts with Jacinto Joze M_______ filho familia and ends > just before Francisco's name. What is this and is there anything important > listed? > > Thanks, > Paul G. > -- For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

