I just discovered a goldmine of photos.  Go to Google, type in your island 
(Sao Miguel in my case) and click on the image of the island that appears 
in the upper right of the screen.  Then click on satellite image and 
magnify the image until you see individual houses and such.  Along the 
bottom of the screen will be a sequence of photos of that particular area 
you're looking at.  The house my grandfather built in 1915 for his parents 
is featured in one of the photos and by moving the cursor around I can get 
different views of the house.  My grandfather's house happens to be on a 
main road so I suspect I happened to get lucky but you never know. 
David 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to