My grandfather, Edward Rose was born in Dartmouth, MA but his family lived
in New Bedford & Dartmouth. His father, Frank Rose came to Boston,  MA in
1889 with his father from Faial. They were on the passenger  list  as Da
Roza's. Frank was Francisco Da Roza. The family lived  Ribeirinha, Faial. Frank
had 3 brothers (4 but one died as a young child),  Manuel, Matthew and
Anthony (Tony). Tony left MA & went to northern CA. I  haven't been able to
locate him there yet. The other brothers all stayed in the  Dartmouth/New
Bedford
area. Frank Rose had a dairy farm on Smith Neck Rd.,  Dartmouth & a Sand &
Gravel company. I don't know of any of our  family members moving to
Chicago. We do have family still in the New Bedford  area.

Matthew & Manuel went by the last name Goulart which was from their
mother. Frank & Tony went by Rose.
Sherry Barnhurst

In a message dated 10/11/2014 11:04:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,