Thanks Margaret and thanks to others who posted on this.  I think this 
closes the mystery on  my Maria Mello and my Gamboa/Grou ancestors. They 
were from Ponta Garca through Nordestinho   I posted on this a few days ago 
and JR and Richard  and Angela responded. Couldn't have done it without 
their insights and JRs encouragement and  tenacity to keep searching.

It's an unusual name Grou isn't it?.  I'm not sure I have ever seen it.  I 
wonder if it's Portuguese in origin?

Herb


 

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:45:03 AM UTC-5, Mara wrote:

> Herb,
>
> They were born 5 min apart on the 4th day February 1862
>
> The margin note: Victoria passed away in this Parish yesterday.  
>
> I can't make out the exact date but the year was 1938.
>
> Margaret Vicente
>
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Herb and Judi Silva <
> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Starting on bottom left
>>  
>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt
>> /biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-B-1860-1867/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-B-1860-1867_item1/P79.
>> html
>>  
>> perhaps someone can make out what it says in the margin.  These were twin 
>> girls but apparently born days apart.  Did one of them die?  This is 
>> fascinating to me as twins run in my family on mom's side. This is the line 
>> I was asking about a few days ago involving my ancestor Francisco Raposo 
>> Gamboa
>>  
>> thanks
>>  
>> Herb
>>  
>>  
>>  
>>  
>>
>> -- 
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the 
>> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
>> membership."
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>
>
>
> -- 
> Margaret M Vicente
>  

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to