Rich; Apologies for the delay in responding. We are leaving the country the
day after Thanksgiving, therefore; I am fixing Thanksgiving Dinner for the
extended family tomorrow. Today has been a busy day! ;-) Can you tell me
more about which of your wife's ancestors with the Soares surname are from
Santa Maria? I don't think I have any Alves Soares Arvilla (Maybe Avilla?) in
my line but; would be glad to try and help if you can give me a little more
information. Names, dates, villages, etc.
All the best, Sam in Camas, WA (Soon heading down to Mazatlan, MX)
From: Rich Mueller <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:26 AM
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Immigration from Santa Maria - 1898
#yiv5869340253 #yiv5869340253 -- _filtered #yiv5869340253
{font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5869340253
{font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5869340253
{panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} _filtered #yiv5869340253
{font-family:Forte;panose-1:3 6 9 2 4 5 2 7 2 3;} _filtered #yiv5869340253
{panose-1:0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}#yiv5869340253 #yiv5869340253
p.yiv5869340253MsoNormal, #yiv5869340253 li.yiv5869340253MsoNormal,
#yiv5869340253 div.yiv5869340253MsoNormal
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5869340253 a:link,
#yiv5869340253 span.yiv5869340253MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5869340253 a:visited, #yiv5869340253
span.yiv5869340253MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5869340253 p
{margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5869340253
p.yiv5869340253MsoAcetate, #yiv5869340253 li.yiv5869340253MsoAcetate,
#yiv5869340253 div.yiv5869340253MsoAcetate
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:8.0pt;}#yiv5869340253
p.yiv5869340253MsoListParagraph, #yiv5869340253
li.yiv5869340253MsoListParagraph, #yiv5869340253
div.yiv5869340253MsoListParagraph
{margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5869340253
p.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxspfirst, #yiv5869340253
li.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxspfirst, #yiv5869340253
div.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxspfirst
{margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5869340253
p.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxspmiddle, #yiv5869340253
li.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxspmiddle, #yiv5869340253
div.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxspmiddle
{margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5869340253
p.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxsplast, #yiv5869340253
li.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxsplast, #yiv5869340253
div.yiv5869340253msolistparagraphcxsplast
{margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5869340253
span.yiv5869340253BalloonTextChar {}#yiv5869340253
span.yiv5869340253EmailStyle24
{color:#1F497D;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;}#yiv5869340253
.yiv5869340253MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv5869340253
{margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}#yiv5869340253 div.yiv5869340253WordSection1
{}#yiv5869340253 Sam, I hope I am not asking too much of you. My wife’s
father’s name is surname is Soares and I am struggling getting beyond his
father’s birth certificate information. Her Grandfather is listed as John
Alves Soares dob 11Dec1901 dod 31May1956 in Honolulu. His father (GGF) is
listed as Alves Soares Arvilla – no stats., mother (GGM) is Amilia Rapoza. Is
there any connection? From what I can determine someone is from Madeira and
others are listed as Santa Maria. The GGF is an enigma. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. E malama ponoRich“Each morning we are born again. What
we do today is what matters most." ~Buddha
--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation)
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.