There is a publication that you can get at Familysearch.org called  "Basic 
Portuguese Paleography" for free.  Here is the link that you  can use to get 
to download page.  
http://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/File:Basic-Portuguese-Paleography-4.pdf   
I have a copy that I paid for from about 20 years 
ago and now you can just  download for free.
 
Mary Ann Marshall
 
 
In a message dated 4/29/2015 6:02:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email protected] writes:
 
Hi Linda,  


In that case, just get in touch with them on the email listed  here: 
http://www.caixadoslivros.com/page/view/19/contactos


They probably sell exclusively in Portugal, but in this case you should  be 
able to bypass their online store and pay them somehow. If not, then say  
something and I'll see what we can do to make you have that book.


João Ventura
https://tombo.pt/en

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 19:23:56 UTC+2,  linda wrote:  
Argh!  One can, but...

I put it in my shopping  cart, but was thwarted by the necessity of 
entering a NIF (I'm an American)  and the lack of a PayPal (or similar) button.

Thanks so much  Joao.  I'm very glad to know that it's still in print.  
Using the  info from the site you provided, I'll try to special order it  
locally.

thanks!

Linda



On Monday, April 27,  2015 at 10:54:46 AM UTC-7, João Ventura wrote:  
Linda,  


I think you can buy it here: 
_http://www.http://www.<WBR>caixadoslhttp://www.<WBR>caixadoslivrhttp://www.<WBR>caixadosl_
 
(http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.caixadoslivros.com/store/product/0/2187/abreviaturas-paleograficas-
portuguesas&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHg62V6jjbX2n1i5Iz5Y8hKKwP97A) 


João Ventura
http://tombo.pt/en

On Thursday, 23 April 2015  07:07:55 UTC+2, linda wrote:  
Those pages are from

Nunes, E. Borges, 1981  Abreviaturas paleográficas portuguesas, Lisboa, 
Faculdade de  Letras

you can page through the virtual booklet here:

_http://issuu.com/rogeriod/http://issuu.com/_ 
(http://issuu.com/rogeriod/docs/abreviaturas) 

Though  I'm not sure if that's a legitimate site for purchase.   

There's also a pirated copy floating out there in the interwebs  [*cough* 
Scribid *cough*].

If anyone knows of a legitimate source  to purchase a paper copy, I'd be 
much obliged to  know.

Linda

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:49:11 PM  UTC-7, Hermano C. Pires wrote:  
 
Looks to be very useful.
Thanks for posting  it.
Will have to try to locate the original.
Again many  thanks.
Hermano


 
____________________________________
 Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:21:34 -0700
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject:  [AZORES-Genealogy] Portuguese Paleography

    
_Fernando Manaças Ferreira_ 
(https://www.facebook.com/fernando.jorge.ferreira)  posted this on Facebook and 
I thought it would helpful to  all on this 
list also. I have added a cover  page for your use if desired.  I contains 
some very good  information and examples of old writing, abbreviations and  
exceptions to the conventions at the time.  Good luck and  happy hunting.


Walter Teixeira
Researching Praia  Graciosa
email: [email protected]


-- 
For  options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail  
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at  
_http://groups.google.com/http://group_ (http://groups.google.com/group/Azores) 
. 
Click in  the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will  
take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message  because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy"  group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails  from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
Visit this group at  _http://groups.google.com/http://group_ 
(http://groups.google.com/group/azores) .













-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No  Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says 
"Join this group" and it will  take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because  you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To  unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email  to [email protected]_ 
(mailto:[email protected]) .
Visit  this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to