Hi Colleen/Steve,

The information from the passaportes are not on the date they set sail.

How soon did they register before sailing? When they felt like it. I don't
know if the passaportes expired or not. Most of the ancestors seemed to
register within a couple of months from sailing. Lots of factors are at
play here. Where did the ancestor live and which port would they set sail
from? Even that could go a couple of ways. If the port was not on their
island, one family member could have gone early to register the whole
family. Then again, if it was quite a ways, maybe they all showed up the
day before.

If I find my ancestor arriving, I go to the passaportes and start looking
on the arrival date working my way back. I know it was a boat and there's
no way the boat made it in one day. But I don't know when they registered
and I don't want to miss them, so I start of the arrival date and work my
way back until I find them.
Cheri

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to