Gloria,

Why don't you detail the information you have on your Carvalho in Hawaii.
Where are they on the census in 1900?

Why do think the Manuel dos Santos Carvalho on the Braunfels is the right
person?

I have researched a Carvalho family who arrived in Hawaii in 1912. They
turned out to be from Braganca, Portugal.

Eric Edgar