Yes, that title is correct ... LAND RECORDS

One of my goals for my upcoming trip to Sao Miguel is to *locate some land
records* with the *name of my paternal great grand mother who left lands to
her children*.  Such is clearly indicated in her death record.  She died in
1944.  I know  that *the land is located in outskirts of the Vila da
Povoacao.  *My goal is to find those land records so that I can determine *HOW
she got those lands.  *We believe her dad gave it to her as a gift, but I
heard from another family member that her and her husband purchased it and
that it was not a gift.  I want to solve this mystery.

I am meeting someone there to help me navigate the system, but I want to
come prepared with all the information I could possible have to make that
visit as productive and successful as possible.

Does *anyone here on this list have any advise and/or ever had to do such
research for land records in order to gain more information on their family
members?*