Hi everyone..

I've been away for a few months... I haven't been doing much research on
the Azorean side lately, so I dropped out for a while..

I can see you're all having withdrawal pains from the CCA site being down.
It's their site that's down, not tombo.pt, so there's nothing I can do.

As to the 'new' site, this is OLD news (search in this group for my
messages announcing it more than 18 months ago: "arquivos.azores.gov.pt'").
It's a catalog site, and for now I see no evidence that they're adding
records to it.. The one book that you've found there (Estrela baptisms from
1541 to 1563) has been there since at least March 13 2014. I see no
evidence that anything is changing regarding that site (and trust me, I
would know within 24hrs). This other site served a purpose for all of us
once, when they still hadn't provided everything online. Now that they've
digitized everything upto 1911, I don't think we'll get any news from them
in some time.. The tombo.pt sites still checks every week, so if there are
any news, it will find out automatically. Also, if they ever switch to this
new site also for the digitized images, tombo.pt will adapt and provide you
with the listings for each parish, same as today.

I see that Cheri has already contacted them, and I'm sure they're aware of
the problem. Let's hope that it's not serious.. Unfortunately, I know as
much as you. These things happen, but usually it's solved with a simple
reboot of the machines.

João C. Ventura
http://tombo.pt/en