Eliseu and Angela,

Thank you both so much for your replies.   It looks like the Morisson
family was quite mobile, moving readily among the islands.  I'll look up
some of those birth and marriage records this evening.

Luis Antonio da Costa Morisson would have been 48 years old when my 4xGGPs
married.  My 4xGGF was likely somewhere between 23 to 33, and his father
was already dead.  I can speculate that there might have been a business
friendship between them.

I found mention of "Morisson & Companhia" in a list of Casas Exportadoras
de Fructa em Ponta Delgada published in 1864, fifty years after my
ancestors were married.  So, at least a faction of the Morisson family was
engaged in international mercantile trade to/from the islands-- albeit much
later in time.

Thanks so much!  I'm going to file these bits of information together with
that section of the family, and keep my eyes open for more clues.

:^D