Yes, this is a travesty.  I have already been contacted by RootsMagic and
have downloaded their software.  There is a free version and a premium
version. The premium version is $9.95 a year.  I uploaded my gedcom from
FTM and so far, so good.  It included my media, notes which have my links
to records, and in testing it out yesterday I have to say I like it a lot.
 I am keeping FTM as is and working with both until I feel comfortable
trashing FTM.  I must admit it is easier in my opinion to use with the
biggest plus in editing, deleting etc.  There is also reports, book
publishing, etc.  I also do NOT like that Ancestry is giving us no option
but to use the new graphic interface instead of the classic interface which
in my opinion is easier to use.  With the new graphic interface it is
harder to find what you need and then to search or edit.  Only one person's
opinion.  But I will download my DNA and discontinue Ancestry when my
subscription is up.  RootsMagic will be trying to work with Ancestry in the
future....I don't know if that is good or bad.  I like RootsMagic the way
it is.