I've been piecing together my family tree, and with help from João Ventura
(an amazing resource!) I have the birth record for my 2nd
great-grandfather, José António Caetano Mancebo (born March 21, 1846,
Ribeira Seca, São Jorge).

He immigrated to Sausalito, CA, and married Emerenciana Maciel (another
immigrant from São Jorge, born 1860), and had a big family there.

Chatting with a newly-discovered cousin, I was told that the family history
says he had been married previously on São Jorge! Apparently family history
says he had a family there before leaving for the US. So I've been looking
through the Ribeira Seca marriage records <http://tombo.pt/f/cht04>, but
haven't yet found any marriage record for him ...

Since I had great success finding help on my great-grandfather Alexander
Souza through this forum (thank you!) I figured I would put this little
dirty laundry tidbit out there to see if anyone has him in their genealogy
or records.

Thank you!