I had the same kind of issue with my cousin’s death certificate, I was in
charge of her estate.  The doctor at the nursing home where she died, stated
the cause of death as breast cancer.  When I received the death certificate
from the funeral home after her death.  I called the doctors’ office.  We had a
go around, he didn’t want to correct it, it had already been filed at the
State.  I said, she had lung cancer (a smoker)  first, brain and then bone.
The cause was the lung cancer!  I felt for our descendants looking at death
certificates there was a big difference between a lung cancer then a
genetically passed breast cancer.  The doctor was not happy, but he finally
issued a new certificate.